Importing Your Fusion Data Warehouse into MySQL Server
At some point you may wish to feed data from one location — another application, database, or product, for example — and load it into another location. But since your Fusion warehouse already combines many of these data sources, you may then wish to feed your Fusion warehouse into another relational database management system (RDBMS) such as MySQL Server.
Exporting the Fusion warehouse so that you can import that data into MySQL Server is relatively easy. Simply follow these steps:
- Open MySQL Workbench.
- Create a connection to your Fusion MySQL warehouse server. If you've yet to do so, consult these instructions.
- Then, create a connection to the destination MySQL server.
- Go to Server Administration and click Manage Import / Export.
- Select Fusion MySQL warehouse server.
- Select all schemas in Export to Disk tab.
- In Options, select Export to Self-Contained File, wait until the export is finished.
- Go back to Server Administration and click Manage Import / Export.
- Select destination server.
- Switch to "Import from Disk".
- Click "import from Self-contained File.
With time, Fusion will offer even more options that allow you to write your Fusion warehouse directly into another, external warehouse. If you have any questions about these options, please ask us, as our product roadmap evolves quickly.