Connectwise Manage & Salesforce: Mapping Support Tickets
Bedrock Data can help you keep your support tickets in sync between your Connectwise and Salesforce instances, allowing you to work tickets in Connectwise but transfer information to Salesforce. This allows your sales team to easily see what your support and fulfillment teams have in progress with a given client, and gives everyone in your company transparency into the status and activity attached to your clients and prospects.
How to Install Your Connectors
Connectwise REST & Salesforce: Setting Up Your Sync will walk you through the process of installing and configuring a basic Connectwise/Salesforce integration that will link your companies, contacts, and opportunities. You'll want to get those objects set up before you tackle adding a ticket sync.
If you're just getting started with Bedrock Data and setting up a new sync, "Auto-Generate Mappings" will do most of the work for you! We'll automatically create a ticket mapping; all you'll need to do is add any standard or custom fields needed by your business to the mapping. Skip down to "Add Additional Fields" for instructions.
How to Map Tickets
If you've already set up your company and contact mappings and now want to add a ticket integration, it's an easy process. We'll walk you through it.
Add a Ticket Mapping
- Navigate to your mappings page at https://my.bedrockdata.com/#mappings.
- Click one of the blue "Add Mappings" buttons.
- Select "Ticket" from the drop-down menu under Data Type, then click "Save".
- Your new ticket mapping will appear at the bottom of the list.
Auto-Map Your Fields
- Click on the icon for Tickets to enter this mapping, then click the "Auto-Match Fields" button.
- We'll automatically match together a basic set of fields. Don't worry about the required fields warning at the top - you'll fix that in the next step.
Auto-Match Your Relationships
In this step, we'll create the necessary relationships between your Connectwise and Salesforce databases for tickets to integrate correctly.
- Click on the relationships tab at the top of the screen and then click "Auto-match Relationships".
- Bedrock Data will automatically identify the relationships between the contacts objects in Connectwise and Salesforce.
Add Additional Fields
- If you have any additional standard or custom fields that you'd like to transfer between your Connectwise and Salesforce instances, it's easy to add them to your integration. Click back to the "Fields" tab, and then click one of the blue "+ Add Fields" buttons.
- A modal will pop up. Here, we'll link together the description fields in both systems using the drop-down menus in each column. You don't need to update "Read Only" or "Default Value", generally speaking. Remember to hit "Save" when you're finished.
Did you know? The system that appears first in your field mapping list is your System of Record for that field. Check out this article to learn more about Systems of Record.
Did you know? Read-Only allows you to define a field as, well, "read only". This means that data can only originate in this field and will never be written or updated by the paired system.
Did you know? Default Value allows you to always populate a field with a particular value. This can come in handy if there's a field in one system that should always be populated in a particular way; for example, if you know that Salesforce tickets should always be created with status "New", you can set the default value on this field to "New" in your field mapping.
Nice work! You've connected your Salesforce Cases and your Connectwise Tickets. Here's how that integration will work when you turn it on.
- Every time you create a new ticket in Connectwise, Bedrock Data will create a paired Case in Salesforce. Updates and changes will be synced between the two records according to the system of record for each field.
- Bedrock Data's sync runs approximately every five minutes. If a sync run has just completed when a record is created or updated, you may experience a small delay before a new sync run starts.
- Before Bedrock Data can sync any data, we must index your records from your integrated systems. When you start using tickets, we'll have to index them before we can start to sync new records. This can take as little as a few hours, but if you have many records, it can take several days or longer. Our support team can offer you advice on how long the indexing process might take for your situation.
- At this time, it is not possible to write Tickets into Connectwise. However, updates from your paired system will sync.
How It Works
- Create a ticket in Connectwise.
- After a sync run, your ticket will also appear in Salesforce as a case.
- Any updates made in either system will be transferred to the other according to the System of Record on that field.
- That's it! Bedrock will work behind the scenes to make sure that your systems are always connected, your data is always clean, and your records are always in sync.