HOW TO: Reset Your Sync and Start from Scratch
From time-to-time, you may have a need to reset your Bedrock sync and, in turn, clear out the Bedrock database that is storing all of your data for the systems you have integrated.
A common use case for this feature would be if there has been corrupt data that came in from one of your systems (ie. duplicates) and this bad data, which is now stored in Bedrock, is causing conflicts when trying to make changes to your contacts. When this happens, follow these steps to reset your Bedrock sync and clear out the historical data.
1. First, turn off your sync
2. Then turn the sync back on to get the screen showing you the two options for the types of syncs you wish to run
- If you just want records that are updated on a go-forward basis after this reset is complete, select the top option
- If you want any record to sync that meets your Workflow rules during this reset process, select the bottom option
3. After selecting what sync type to perform, click on Advanced and check the box where it says Reset Sync
4. Then click on Start
The sync will kick back off but first it will clear out your Bedrock database before it goes back to re-indexing all of your data from the systems you have set up in Bedrock. As with the initial sync that you ran when you first turned on Bedrock, this process can take some time to perform depending on the number of records we need to index from your systems.
The next time you return to your dashboard, if you see any Up to Date messages, this likely means that this reset has completed the process. If you just see In Progress, then it's likely still running through the motions.